Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2012

Massaged Kale Salad

Lemon Avocado Massaged Kale Salad



This is dairy, soy, gluten free, vegan, and raw... if you're interested.

I had one bite of a salad while spending the afternoon with my friend, Aly in Boulder.  One bite.  I was hooked on this "massaged kale salad".  I don't know their recipe and haven't spent any time analyzing it myself, so I just googled it.  I found one that sounded simple enough to make so I did.  It was SOOO YUMMY!  Do it... if you like the list of ingredients!  While we enjoyed it at the dinner table we talked about all the other options we could do to twist the recipe.  I can't wait to have this again.

2 Avocados - peeled, pitted, divided
juice of 2 Lemons
2 Large bunches of Kale, stems and ribs removed

Slice avocados in half lengthwise, set one half of one avocado aside.  Remove the remaining three avocado halves from their peels, place in blender (we just used immersion blender).  Juice two lemons into blender, process until creamy smooth.
Remove stems/ribs from each kale leaf, roll tightly and chiffonade.
Place in large bowl and pour lemon avocado sauce over top, use hands to massage, coating thoroughly.  Serve with reserved avocado (sliced) and tomato.  Add sea salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment